Volunteering is very rewarding, both personally and professionally. Check out the famous Atwood Cuties!
Society for Technical Communication
- Member of the Online Communication Competition Committee 1999-2004 and co-coordinator in 2001-2003
- Proud recipient of a Boston Chapter Spirit of Volunteerism award
- Recipient of Merit award in the 1999 Electronic Documentation Competition
- Judge in the Boston/Northern New England Online Communication and Technical Publications Competitions
- International Online Communication Competition judge in 2005
Nashua River Watershed Association
Squannacook River Rail Trail
- An advocacy committee working to convert a section of abandoned railroad into trail in Townsend and West Groton, Massachusetts
- Authored a successful grant application to the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation for $20,000 to conduct a preliminary engineering study
- Produced a documentary film for cable access television to increase public awareness of the trail
Scenes from the documentary film "Making the Case for Rails-to-Trails in Townsend"