Tools and Technologies
I am equally comfortable in delivering documentation for online help or print and am proficienct with the following tools:
- Publishing - Word, FrameMaker, PageMaker, QuarkXPress
- Help authoring - RoboHelp, HelpStudio, HTML Help Workshop
- HTML development - Dreamweaver, CSS, HTML, Homesite
- Illustration - SnagIt, Visio, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Others - Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Visual SourceSafe
My areas of technical knowledge in the software industry include document security and authentication, video imaging, web conferencing, and CAD.
My experience in documenting hardware includes a medical device for endoscopy, an integrated server/monitor/video camera console for video conferencing, and a patient table for fluoroscopic imaging.
With a history of working independently and successfully completing challenging projects, I am confident of mastering new subject areas and figuring out new tools.
I continually expand my skill set through online courses, self-instruction, and programs offered by the Society for Technical Communication. In addition, I have attended professional workshops such as APIs and SDKs, Cascading Style Sheets, Graphic Design, Presenting Data and Information, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Statistical Methods for Quality Control and Improvement, Experimenting Effectively, and Team Interpersonal Skills.