Analytical Chemistry Employment
My laboratory experience spans 15 years in polymer research and development, materials analysis, and quality control testing.
Nova Chemicals, Inc.
Leominster, MA (1986-1997)
Analytical Chemist in research and development laboratory
- Specialized in polymer identification and characterization using Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR), gas chromatography (GC), gel permeation chromatography (GPC), photomicrography, and other techniques
- Coordinated qualitative and quantitative testing with comprehensive data analysis to arrive at solutions for production problems such as materials contamination
- Systematically developed new test procedures using experimental design and statistical data analysis
- Collaborated with customer service specialists, research chemists, universities, contract laboratories, and external customers
- Communicated project results through technical reports and company-wide presentations
- Helped to develop a highly customer-oriented lab through an understandable guide to analytical services, comprehensive accuracy and precision statements, lab management system for tracking test requests, and consistent templates for reporting results
Waltham, MA (1983-1986)
Chemist and Supervisor of Materials Laboratory
- Conducted quality assurance testing and prepared reports per ASTM and military specifications
- Improved quality of laboratory documentation by writing or revising all test procedures
- Acquired new capital equipment by preparing proposals, obtaining quotes, coordinating purchase, and overseeing installation